Hello there!

My photo
My name is Susan, and Designs by Prater is what you could call my creative outlet that pulls together my photography, art and graphic design endeavors! The most important thing you should know about me is that my life revolves around my God and my Savior Jesus Christ, my family (especially my husband Todd, son JD, and puppy Lexie), family and friends. Other than that, I am pretty much obsessed with photography, Coca-Cola, and the color green (and all shades of green for that matter, especially teal). I love sports but cannot play them worth a lick. I would not trade my time as a college student at Mississippi State for anything in the world. The friendships and memories made there will stick with me forever...Hail State and Go Dogs! And I am very picky about my chocolate chip cookies, grilled cheeses, and shaved ice (gotta be SnoBiz watermelon flavor).

Thursday, April 21, 2011

news : maternity leave

Yes, I know! I have been a HORRIBLE blogger these past several months...like non-existent! And I wish I could say I will be doing better these next few months, but that's probably not going to be the case. And here's why:



In case you haven't heard the news, the hubs and I are expecting a little peanut this August, so I will be on maternity leave from July through September. So from now until then, I'll be busy wrapping up my 2010 weddings (album designs and print credit fulfillment) as well as wrapping up edits and orders from 2011 portrait sessions.

But never fear, I promise to come back better than ever in October 2011! Here a just a few of my promises (to you and myself) of what you'll see upon my return:

- updated website and blog: I want something that is easier to get around and find what you need and more frequently updated with photos from recent sessions

- more streamlined product offerings and prices: up to now, I think I have erred on the side of giving too many options, thus causing confusion or buyer's block when it comes to determining what you want to order

- updated 2012 pricing: since my pricing in 2011 did not go up from 2010 (in anticipation of my maternity leave), I will be introducing my 2012 pricing in October. If you want to book a 2011/2012 wedding or 2011 portrait session with my 2011 pricing, hit me up before then!

- a client information packet: clients will receive a more polished information packet, with a contract, when they inquire about booking a session or a wedding. I will also be collecting portrait session fees up front when the session is booked; however, there will be a policy in place for rescheduling due to sickness or rain.

- a monthly newsletter: I will actually follow through with it this time :)

- complimentary gift with your print order: I love metallic prints, and now my lab lets you mix lustre and metallic prints in a single order! So, to introduce everyone to what a metallic print looks like, you will receive a complimentary 5" x 7" metallic print with each print order over $50.

- ordering appointments: for local clients, I'll offer a time for you to come to my home office to walk through placing an order together and show you sample of various products

So...what do you think?! Is there anything else you would like to see upon my return? Just let me know!

God bless :)

post signature

Fan Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails