Hello there!

My photo
My name is Susan, and Designs by Prater is what you could call my creative outlet that pulls together my photography, art and graphic design endeavors! The most important thing you should know about me is that my life revolves around my God and my Savior Jesus Christ, my family (especially my husband Todd, son JD, and puppy Lexie), family and friends. Other than that, I am pretty much obsessed with photography, Coca-Cola, and the color green (and all shades of green for that matter, especially teal). I love sports but cannot play them worth a lick. I would not trade my time as a college student at Mississippi State for anything in the world. The friendships and memories made there will stick with me forever...Hail State and Go Dogs! And I am very picky about my chocolate chip cookies, grilled cheeses, and shaved ice (gotta be SnoBiz watermelon flavor).

Saturday, September 12, 2009

wedding : foster - maxcy

My deepest apologies for going AWOL on the blog this last week! I was bitten by the sinus allergy bug as the weather took a turn from the cooler temps we had been having back to the hot humidity we are used to experiencing this time of year.

Well, I had promised a sneak peek from a fabulous wedding I got to shoot last weekend, but I think I may do you even better since you had to wait so long. What about I just go on and post PART ONE of the wedding photos instead? But first, we must recap the story of these two and why their wedding proposal was also a most memorable event from 2008!

Picture it! Sicily - 1922... Oh, wait, sorry...wrong story! Picture it! Louisville, MS - December 2008 - the wedding of Heath and Rachel is just wrapping up as all the single ladies are lining up to catch the bouquet before we usher the happy bride and groom off to their honeymoon. Seems like a normal enough scene when the bride lets go of her bouquet, until we realize all the other girls scatter away leaving just one groomsman's girlfriend left to catch it...which she does. And then right at that moment, the groomsmen comes from nowhere, plops down on one knee, and all mouths drop. He's proposing!

secret proposal1

See, don't you see all those mouths dropping in the background?! She was completely taken by surprise and it was a really cool moment to witness. Ask my husband, I think he is still bouncing around somewhere in shock! (The wedding videographer got the whole moment on record, and the funniest part of it was seeing my hubby bounce around in the background; click here to see if you can view it on Facebook. Click here to see the rest of my photos from that moment.)

Back to the story...of course, she said yes! And now several months later, we find ourselves at their gorgeous wedding at which I have the wonderful opportunity to second shoot alongside the uber-cool Jenny of Pink Ink Boutique.

Without any further adieu, here are the photos from Part One that lead all the way up to the ceremony. One might ask how everything that happened before the ceremony could warrant it's own post. Well, this couple had so many fun moments just hanging out with their bridal party beforehand and so many great details to photograph that I just couldn't stop snapping away. That's one of my favorite parts of journalistic photography - some of the best moments come in between all the posed photos.

FM ready 07 blog

And no, this next one is not posed...it's what a room full of bridesmaids genuinely looks like before a wedding! :)
FM ready 11 blog

Had I told you yet how stunning this bride was yet? Well, if not - take a look for yourself...
FM ready 17 blog

FM ready 27 blog

And no, the groom wasn't too shabby himself either!
foster maxcy_0221b blog

Oh, how I love First Looks - when the bride and groom choose to see each other before the ceremony for the first time and have those special moments together before all the crowd comes in...
FM look 02 blog

love this shot...pure gold!
FM look 08 blog

sharing a funny moment as the rest of the bridal party starts to join them for the photos:
foster maxcy_0227 blog

have I mentioned how much I loved the details of this wedding? just look at these gorgeous flowers!
foster maxcy_0246b blog

yeah - they were pretty much like this the entire time :)
foster maxcy_0257 blog

foster maxcy_0272 blog

foster maxcy_0281b blog

foster maxcy_0286b blog

foster maxcy_0295 blog

foster maxcy_0303b blog

foster maxcy_0326 blog

One word - STUNNING!
foster maxcy_0333c blog

foster maxcy_0345b blog

and yes, this is what the groomsmen were like the entire time, too! just wait for the reception photos :)
foster maxcy_0373b blog

foster maxcy_0382 blog

foster maxcy_0385 blog

foster maxcy_0402 blog

foster maxcy_0430c blog

foster maxcy_0446b blog

this is when they were giving me their best cheerleader pose!
foster maxcy_0480 blog

foster maxcy_0487b blog

foster maxcy_0500b blog

foster maxcy_0515b blog

and we also had some uninvited guests to the picture taking!
foster maxcy_0528 blog

the girls' reactions...
foster maxcy_0531 blog

but no worries, the groom is here to save the day!
foster maxcy_0543b blog

foster maxcy_0553b blog

foster maxcy_0586b blog

I'm not really sure what instructions they were given for this photo - kinda scary, huh?
foster maxcy_0623 blog

the next two shots were simply timeless shots of her that I just love!
foster maxcy_0645b blog

foster maxcy_0660b blog

and I just love it when the bridal party bring their own cameras to get their candids of the day, too - I always do, too!
foster maxcy_0701 blog

foster maxcy_0777b blog

foster maxcy_0782b blog

Part Two with photos from the actual ceremony and reception are coming soon...stay tuned! God Bless :)

post signature
Fan Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails