Hello there!

My photo
My name is Susan, and Designs by Prater is what you could call my creative outlet that pulls together my photography, art and graphic design endeavors! The most important thing you should know about me is that my life revolves around my God and my Savior Jesus Christ, my family (especially my husband Todd, son JD, and puppy Lexie), family and friends. Other than that, I am pretty much obsessed with photography, Coca-Cola, and the color green (and all shades of green for that matter, especially teal). I love sports but cannot play them worth a lick. I would not trade my time as a college student at Mississippi State for anything in the world. The friendships and memories made there will stick with me forever...Hail State and Go Dogs! And I am very picky about my chocolate chip cookies, grilled cheeses, and shaved ice (gotta be SnoBiz watermelon flavor).

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Images for a Cure

Before I announce something really cool that Designs by Prater will be participating in this fall, I want to give you a little back story into why this news is so important to us! This past June, I got to take part in our hometown's Relay for Life with my husband's workplace, The Awards Place. If you are not familiar with what it is, it is a night for the whole town to rally behind cancer survivors, remember those beloved friends and family members who lost the courageous battle with cancer, and raise funds for cancer research. And if you happen to have a little fun in kickball tournaments and womanless beauty pageants, too, then so be it! :)

Below are some pictures from that night's festivities.








Well, it wasn't a few short weeks later that my mother in law was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, and our family found ourselves in a very scary place as we learned more about her cancer, course of treatment, and chance of survival. You see...both of her parents had passed away from different forms of cancer when my husband was very young, so it was hard to keep our minds from jumping to the worst case scenario. But praise the Lord, since her surgery all reports seem to show that the cancer was removed 100% and so far no new cancer growth has formed.

Well, fast forward another month or so and we have now discovered that one of the people who actually participated on our team in Relay for Life has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She's also had surgery recently and from what I have heard seems to be recovering as well as can be expected. I have not yet heard the latest on whether they were able to remove all the cancer so that still remains a prayer request of mine.

SO...why do I share these stories with you today? Well, I have recently signed up with Images for a Cure to join other photographers nationwide to donate all session fees for one day to The Breast Cancer Research Fund®.

Here are the details if you're interested in booking a session:
Date: Sunday, October 11, 2009
Location: Historic Downtown Square or Johnson Park & Nature Trail in Collierville, Tennessee
Time: 30-45 minute Mini Sessions from 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Cost: $60
Bonus: Free high-res download of your favorite image! And 10% off all prints and photo products.
PLEASE NOTE: 100% of your session fee will go to The Breast Cancer Research Fund®.

So here is how it will work. Contact me to get your session set up and I will send you instructions on how to donate your session fee. Then we'll nail down your time and location. You can also go HERE to start the process as well as make a donation just because!

P.S. Did I mention that the photographers participating are being given access to the Images for a Cure Blog so we can post sneak peeks there from our sessions. You could be famous!

Anyways, please do let me know soon if you might be interested in scheduling a session so we can get the ball rolling and you on the calendar before the sessions fill up. Which I hope they do for this wonderful cause! Also, if you have another (close by) location in mind, do let me know...we might be able to work it out if we schedule you at the beginning or end of the afternoon.

Thanks, and God bless! :)

post signature
Fan Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails