Hello there!

My photo
My name is Susan, and Designs by Prater is what you could call my creative outlet that pulls together my photography, art and graphic design endeavors! The most important thing you should know about me is that my life revolves around my God and my Savior Jesus Christ, my family (especially my husband Todd, son JD, and puppy Lexie), family and friends. Other than that, I am pretty much obsessed with photography, Coca-Cola, and the color green (and all shades of green for that matter, especially teal). I love sports but cannot play them worth a lick. I would not trade my time as a college student at Mississippi State for anything in the world. The friendships and memories made there will stick with me forever...Hail State and Go Dogs! And I am very picky about my chocolate chip cookies, grilled cheeses, and shaved ice (gotta be SnoBiz watermelon flavor).

Friday, September 25, 2009

Backwards Garage Sale

SO...I'm in the process of setting up a small studio/office in our home and collecting props for future photo shoots, and I got to thinking...I bet my wonderful clients and blog readers can help me out! I've started compiling a mental list of certain items I'd LOVE to find and am wondering if you'd have any of these you wouldn't mine donating to the cause. Or at least let me know if you run across a great find at a garage sale, flea market, antique shop, etc. I'm thinking about paying you back in DBP Bucks, good for sessions and prints. What do you think?

Here is the deal...below is a running list of items that are on our DBP wish list. If you have or find something on this list and want to participate, shoot me an email and we'll see what kind of a deal we could come up with! Obviously the bigger ticket items will get more DBP bucks than smaller items. OK...here we go:

Distressed Wooden Photo Frames
- picture frames made from scrap pieces of wood like old barn doors, etc, in all sorts of colors, shapes, and sizes.



Vintage Luggage
- luggage from previous generations that have that old timey feel



Wooden Benches & Chairs
- vintage/antique/old wooden bench and/or chair you might find that has been sitting in a garden for years; would love one that's brightly colored with a worn-out paint-chipped look

Antique Chairs & Benches
- furniture that has that old Victorian style feel to it

Wheel Barrow
- old wooden or rusted up wheel barrow that won't give me tetanus

Vintage Cameras
- of any kind...lots of them!

Tutus
- colorful fru-fru tutus for babies and young children

Baskets & Bowls
- the fun ones you always see babies in for newborn photography

* Note - we'll be adding to this list as we come up with new ideas so check back often :)

* Fine Print - we reserve the right to politely turn something down if it is not quite what we had in mind or we are already overloaded on that item. Thanks!

post signature
Fan Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails