Hello there!

My photo
My name is Susan, and Designs by Prater is what you could call my creative outlet that pulls together my photography, art and graphic design endeavors! The most important thing you should know about me is that my life revolves around my God and my Savior Jesus Christ, my family (especially my husband Todd, son JD, and puppy Lexie), family and friends. Other than that, I am pretty much obsessed with photography, Coca-Cola, and the color green (and all shades of green for that matter, especially teal). I love sports but cannot play them worth a lick. I would not trade my time as a college student at Mississippi State for anything in the world. The friendships and memories made there will stick with me forever...Hail State and Go Dogs! And I am very picky about my chocolate chip cookies, grilled cheeses, and shaved ice (gotta be SnoBiz watermelon flavor).

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Vintage Black & White Photos

If you have been following this blog for awhile, you have probably discovered by now that I have a huge love for black and white photos, especially those that have a really soft vintage feel. There is just something so beautiful and emotional in them. That's not to say that I don't equally love capturing images with lovely vibrant color; it just goes to show my passion to present you with a mix of both wonderful options.

On that note, check out some of these b&w's I captured of my husband's extended family during Memorial Day Weekend. These pictures also go to illustrate why we offer SHADOW sessions; there are some special moments you just have to capture on film. And that means you need to be in front of the camera instead of behind it!

MemDay09 02bw

MemDay09 06bw

MemDay09 08 bw

MemDay09 13bw

MemDay09 15

MemDay09 20

You'll recognize that many of these are of little Hannah, for whom we did a newborn session back in the Spring:
MemDay09 24

Great grandmother feeding her great granddaughter:
MemDay09 26

Great grandfather holding his great granddaughter the same way he carried around his children and grandchildren:
MemDay09 28

Love this picture of his strong masculine hands holding someone so tiny and delicate:
MemDay09 29

MemDay09 30

Can you tell someone is just about ready for her nap?
MemDay09 36

MemDay09 39

Such little things as monkey grass can create such wonder in the eyes of a child:
MemDay09 42

MemDay09 43bw

son's first trip to the rock quarry behind his grandfather's farm, where mom used to always sneak off to with her cousins:
MemDay09 51

skipping rocks across a river like his mom used to do when she was a child:
MemDay09 53

cousins walking back from the rock quarry together like they used to do when they were kids:
MemDay09 56bw

the grandparents farm as it will always stand in the memory of the cousins:
MemDay09 72tiltshift2

riding bikes down their long driveway alongside the pasture:
MemDay09 38

If you're interested in capturing timeless images of your family just spending time together, we'd love to hear from you! God bless :)

post signature
Fan Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails