Hello there!

My photo
My name is Susan, and Designs by Prater is what you could call my creative outlet that pulls together my photography, art and graphic design endeavors! The most important thing you should know about me is that my life revolves around my God and my Savior Jesus Christ, my family (especially my husband Todd, son JD, and puppy Lexie), family and friends. Other than that, I am pretty much obsessed with photography, Coca-Cola, and the color green (and all shades of green for that matter, especially teal). I love sports but cannot play them worth a lick. I would not trade my time as a college student at Mississippi State for anything in the world. The friendships and memories made there will stick with me forever...Hail State and Go Dogs! And I am very picky about my chocolate chip cookies, grilled cheeses, and shaved ice (gotta be SnoBiz watermelon flavor).

Thursday, August 27, 2009

I'll Praise You In This Storm...

Today has been a very long day. One full of shock and amazement, sadness and praise. I've gone through the entire spectrum of emotions since 7:00 this morning that I can't even seem to find the words with which to begin. So we'll start with this picture:

wildflower6

This is Jennie. As I like to dub her, she is my fabulously stylish photography partner in crime! She's half the brains behind my newest venture - Shutter Squared - that was only just introduced to you this week. But she's also so many other wonderful things.

She's a free-spirited eclectic soul. She's a warm-hearted courageous woman. She's a gracious and compassionate sister in Christ. She and her husband are a beloved part of our small group at church. She's a strong-willed and responsible daughter to some very proud parents. And she is also the proud mother of a 20-week in the womb baby boy! But today, she has been through the entire spectrum of emotions more so than me.

Today she has been a shocked, scared, worried, prayerful, elated, and patient woman. Shocked when her water broke at 2:30 this morning. Scared when the thought that she might be losing her baby rushed through her mind. Worried about what the doctor would tell her after being rushed to the hospital. Prayerful as they waited to hear what was going on. Elated when she heard her baby's heartbeat still going strong. And patient once she was told that she would have to stay in the hospital on bed rest until her baby boy's lungs had developed enough for early delivery when her body tells her that's as long as it can carry him.

And now we are all patient. Now we all pray fervently alongside her, her husband, and the rest of their family. Now we praise God that He is there in the middle of this storm, and that He will give them the comfort and strength they need in the next few weeks and months. It's going to be a long road no matter what happens. The chances are against "bun" as everyone so affectionately likes to refer to their baby. He will indeed be a miracle baby if he can hold on long enough for his lungs to develop enough where he can have a fighting chance at a premature birth. But we serve a sovereign God who is still in the business of miracles. So please pray alongside us for one!

With a humble heart, thank you!

post signature
Fan Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. Susan, this is beautiful! Praying with you for precious bun!!

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for bun and this family now!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails