Hello there!

My photo
My name is Susan, and Designs by Prater is what you could call my creative outlet that pulls together my photography, art and graphic design endeavors! The most important thing you should know about me is that my life revolves around my God and my Savior Jesus Christ, my family (especially my husband Todd, son JD, and puppy Lexie), family and friends. Other than that, I am pretty much obsessed with photography, Coca-Cola, and the color green (and all shades of green for that matter, especially teal). I love sports but cannot play them worth a lick. I would not trade my time as a college student at Mississippi State for anything in the world. The friendships and memories made there will stick with me forever...Hail State and Go Dogs! And I am very picky about my chocolate chip cookies, grilled cheeses, and shaved ice (gotta be SnoBiz watermelon flavor).

Thursday, August 13, 2009

focus : angela in downtown memphis

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. - Psalm 139:13-14

You are beautiful...and those aren't just empty words. It's a promise! Not one person on this earth should ever feel they are less than desirable. Because there is One who desires intimacy with us; WHO created us just as we are - down to every last mole, freckle, pudge roll, crooked toe, flyaway hair, sparkling eye, etc. Our creator knew just what he was doing when he made each of us; and of each, he thought "That's beautiful!"

Yet somehow we forget that promise so many times. No, scratch that - somehow we CHOOSE to not believe that promise. But that doesn't make it any less true!

So, you may be asking yourself right now...why in the world is she posting this on her photography blog? Isn't that something she should reserve for her personal blog? Maybe. But I think not. Because this reason alone makes up such a HUGE part of why I love photography and why it is such a passion of mine to take photos of other people.

Because YOU need to be reminded of this promise. It is my belief that every person should be made to feel as beautiful as God created them to be. And it would be my pleasure to help by photographing HIS awesome workmanship! For some reason, we have led ourselves to believe that the only time we need nice photos taken of us are during the BIG moments like graduation, the birth of a baby, your wedding, etc. But sometimes it is nice to just have some photos taken for no reason at all. To be reminded of the fact that you are beautiful...just the way God created you!

So, on the heels of my little soapbox, I wanted to share with you some recent photos of my dear friend Angela, who so graciously agreed to model for me and Jennie for a fabulous urban session in downtown Memphis. If you like what you see, she's already taken guys! But seriously, if you like these kinds of images, give me a shout and we'd be happy to book an urban FOCUS session with you! If for no other reason at all than having some cool new photos for your Facebook and MySpace profiles ;)

Angela blog 02

Angela blog 03

Angela blog 04

Angela blog 05

Angela blog 06

Angela blog 07

Angela blog 08

this next one is tied for my absolute fave from the shoot!
Angela blog 09

Angela blog 10

Angela blog 11

Angela blog 12

Angela blog 15

this next shot we HAD to grab because we found her husband's name etched into the sidewalk; do you see it?
Angela blog 16

this next shot is the other one tied for my absolute fave shot! love the sun flare and burst of teal :)
Angela blog 17

Angela blog 18

Angela blog 19

Angela blog 20

Angela blog 21

Enjoy your Thursday, and God bless! :)

post signature
Fan Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. OMG! How awesome it is to see someone speaking the truth of God's glory associated with what they do for a living (or even as a hobby)!

    Thanks for this post!

    You have such talent. I wish I lived closer so I could sign up for one of these shoots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much, katie! and girl, i'd prob make a trip over to take photos of you if you put me up for the night ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails