Hello there!

My photo
My name is Susan, and Designs by Prater is what you could call my creative outlet that pulls together my photography, art and graphic design endeavors! The most important thing you should know about me is that my life revolves around my God and my Savior Jesus Christ, my family (especially my husband Todd, son JD, and puppy Lexie), family and friends. Other than that, I am pretty much obsessed with photography, Coca-Cola, and the color green (and all shades of green for that matter, especially teal). I love sports but cannot play them worth a lick. I would not trade my time as a college student at Mississippi State for anything in the world. The friendships and memories made there will stick with me forever...Hail State and Go Dogs! And I am very picky about my chocolate chip cookies, grilled cheeses, and shaved ice (gotta be SnoBiz watermelon flavor).

Monday, March 9, 2009

We Will Miss You Winston!

While most posts you read on this blog will be centered around the photo shoots we book, every now and then a more personal post might try to sneak its way in. Tonight is one of those times. Todd and I will have been married three years this coming August and are already getting the question, "So, when are you two going to start having kids?!" Well, our answer for the time being is "We have one...she's black, furry, and loves to chew our socks!" And yes, we are talking about a dog. :) Meet Lexie Grace Prater, our 8 or 9 month old rescue shelter lab puppy:

MemWomRugby84

Now, I am not kidding you when I tell you that this little girl owns our heart. I have always had pets growing up and always had a dog. I loved them and played with them all the time. But nothing ever came as close as the love we feel for Lexie; she is our first "child" together and has the cutest quirks a puppy could ever have. I can only imagine the love we are going to share for a baby when that time comes for us.
The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue
--Anonymous

All that to say that I covet your prayers for some very dear friends of mine who are having to say goodbye to their first "child." You may remember this girl from one of my first DBP photo shoots; but what you didn't see were some of the candids I snapped of her and her beloved dog Winston at the end of our photo safari.

JennieWinstonBW

Jennie and Landon have had a very tough day today; one every dog owner dreads. They learned that their beloved weimaraner had a tumor and there was not much that could be done for him. So they faced a very tough decision...and it is with many tears that we say goodbye to Winston tonight.

So, I wanted to share some of these pictures I caught of the two of them back in the fall in hopes that they might bring a smile to Jennie and Landon's faces tonight and later this week. Please say some prayers for them if you think about it!
One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.
-- Author Unknown

JennieWinston2
Buy a pup and your money will buy love unflinching.
-- Rudyard Kipling

Jennie and Landon, we love you guys!

post signature
www.designsbyprater.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails