Hello there!

My photo
My name is Susan, and Designs by Prater is what you could call my creative outlet that pulls together my photography, art and graphic design endeavors! The most important thing you should know about me is that my life revolves around my God and my Savior Jesus Christ, my family (especially my husband Todd, son JD, and puppy Lexie), family and friends. Other than that, I am pretty much obsessed with photography, Coca-Cola, and the color green (and all shades of green for that matter, especially teal). I love sports but cannot play them worth a lick. I would not trade my time as a college student at Mississippi State for anything in the world. The friendships and memories made there will stick with me forever...Hail State and Go Dogs! And I am very picky about my chocolate chip cookies, grilled cheeses, and shaved ice (gotta be SnoBiz watermelon flavor).

Friday, January 2, 2009

Hello to 2009!

While I wait on my photos to finish uploading to my new proofing site, I decided I would finish this list I started earlier in the week. I saw this posted on another photographer’s blog and I thought this would be something great for me to think through as well. It will help me spell out what I hope to see happen in the first real year of business for Designs by Prater, and in this next year of my life in general. As she did, I will use my age for the amounts of to-do's on my list:

Here’s my list of 27 things that I WILL accomplish this year...
1. Create photo books from all my personal pictures taken in 2008. (beach vacay, Christmas, etc.)
2. Exercise at least 3 times a week.
3. Get fit and lean!
4. Take a cake decorating class with my friend, Becca.
5. Have a fellow photographer do a photo session of the hubs and me (with my new lean figure).
6. Slash our debt!
7. Morning devotional every day.
8. Cook dinner at least 3 times a week, schedule permitting.
9. Photograph at least 5 (but hopefully many more) weddings with Jenny of Jenny M Photography.
10. Work to perfect my photography workflow.
11. Buy an external flash for my new Canon 50D.
12. Design and produce new business cards and other marketing collateral for DBP.
13. Give 10% of each session fee to a non-profit charity.
14. Write to my Compassion Int’l child, Jeyalakshmi, once a month, and include pictures.
15. Date night with hubby at least once a month.
16. Finish graphic design segment of DBP blogsite.
17. Save, save, save $$…
18. Become a member of Professional Photographers of America (PPA).
19. Train to run in a 5K.
20. Lose 20-25 pounds.
21. Bowl a turkey!
22. Write my old college buddies (real snail mail) regularly.
23. Go to at least ONE bulldog football game next year (I was a bad fan this year)…
24. Visit the fam in Jackson more often.
25. Pray for my family EVERY day.
26. Call my grandparents every week.
27. Add to this list whenever a new goal arises!!

What might be on your list for 2009?? Leave a comment below; I'd love to hear from you!! God bless :)

post signature
www.designsbyprater.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails